Sunday, April 15, 2012

Izumi Sushi and Grill - Eugene, Oregon happy hour

Izumi Sushi and Grill, Eugene, Oregon

It seems like Japanese restaurants/sushi bars always have great happy hours. This is definitely the case with Izumi in Eugene, Oregon. I had the pleasure of visiting Izumi on Friday afternoon and I can see why it is so popular. The happy hour menu was great. With most items under $5 it allows you to get lots of food for a low price, just what I like to see in a happy hour. My wife and I ordered 5 different dishes and I checked was only $20.

We started with the basic California roll for only $3. We then got the shrimp tempura roll. Both rolls were very good. We decided to order the gyoza and kalbi tacos. I wasn't that impressed with the gyoza as they were a little on the chewy side; I like mine with a good crisp to them. The kalbi tacos were awesome. Kalbi is a Korean style beef, it was served with a salsa, onions and cabbage and were delicious. I was still hungry so we decided to end with the shrimp nachos which were also very good.

The only downside the experience was that the service was a little slow. We had to wait around a while to order our food but once we got our in the food came out fairly quickly. On this Friday night it seemed like it was the happening place to be as all the tables were filled and there were people waiting. The happy hour is served from 4 to 6 so if you decide to check it out I'd recommend going in as early as you can because there will be a wait the later you go.

Check out their menu here: http://www.izumisushieugene.com/happy_hour.html

No comments:

Post a Comment